My work is interdisciplinary moving in between the limits of art, clothing as well as social work and intervention.
I work on complex projects where I introduce and mix different mediums such as: conceptual work, artisanal techniques, photography as well as social work. As a result of all these different elements I make compositions in the surrounding spaces in the form of installations. My interest in fabrics goes all the way back to my childhood. Growing up I was in contact with this material thanks to my mother, who was a designer and artisan herself. My creations are a combination between high end couture and artisanal combining the delicate work with string with a creative process similar to abstract expressionism, full of play and randomness.
Aesthetically, I get inspired by various states of the organic world and of nature and cultural diversity. Fluctuating between an imaginary gaze and scientific information.
Currently I am working on the theoretical development of the possibilities between the relationships of the fabric with education and art therapy.
I am also working on developing an investigative project called “5 types of skin” or “Skins” or “The 5 skins”. This project aims to reflect the vision of the fabric as a surface that connects all humans, as families, societies and geographical places. From the visceral fabric, the epidermis, the fabric, relationships and overall life in our planet.
- 2015 Artherapy and artistic education for social inclusion Master’s Degree, UCM.
- 2011 Fine Arts Graduated University of Barcelona.
- 2006 First year in History of Art University Complutense of Madrid.
- 2004 Photography and Design Superior Degree, 10 Art School Madrid.
- 2014 Haute couture workshop in Accademia Koefia, Roma, Italy
- 2011 “Future Time Line Workshop”, Regina de Miquel, HANGAR Barcelona.
- 2006 “The Body and technology”, Jaime de Val, MEDIALAB. Madrid.
- 2004 “Mixed experiences”, audiovisual seminary, Ceulag, Malaga.
- 2003 Dramatic Artes course, Shakespeare Foundation and Dramatic Arts , Bululù Madrid.
Business training in Education Department in Reina Sofía Art Museum, Madrid.
- 2011 Chile University, textile and metal traditional crafts, CHILE
- 2010 Language Exchange in New York, USA
- 2008 Mimar sinan University Erasmus programme. TURKEY
- 2014 “Hilo conductor” Street Light Project, Gijón, Spain.
- 2014 3º Award “Reinnova la roba”, Sabadell Town Hall, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2011 Honorable Mention in Valcellina International Award, Maniago, Italy.
- 2010 1ºAward “Vestiti D’Arte”, Milano, Italy
- November 2017 “Complex tissue”, Sojae Creative Community, Daejeon, South Korea.
- November 2015 “Sensible Sólids”, Guillermina Caicoya Art Project and Gallery, Oviedo.
- April 2013 “Study 1- Mammals”-’Casa de Cultura’ Avilés, Spain.
- February 2013 “Extracts in Time and Space”-Carmen de la Guerra gallery, Madrid, Spain.
- 2017 Lords of Xibalba in the American Museum of Madrid with Leyre Valiente.
- 2016 AltrapoLab, Upcycling fashion in La Casa Encendida, Madrid
- 2014 Strip Art Exhibition, Guinardó Art Centre Barcelona, Spain.
- 2014 “Pattern of a seed” lighting Street Project, Gijon, Spain
- 2013 “Traslations” Arco Atlantico. Residence and exhibition, with
- Neal Beggs. Laboral Art Center Gijón Spain.
- 2013 Selected for the 23rd Exhibition of “Asturias Visual Art show” Itinerant
- Exhibition in Asturias and Nantes, France.
- 2013 “Re.colectivo y Econodos” Lola Orato gallery Oveido Spain
- 2012 Independent Artists Collective- Baroja Museum Gijon Spain
- 2012 “Huts” Internacional Valcellina prize. Honarable mention. Fabbrile and Delle Coltellerie Museum, Maniago, Italy
- 2012 Fabbrica Gambettola, Accademia di Belle Arti di Bologna, Italy.
- 2012 “From fit to hands” Mulier Mulieris,Contemporary art museum of Alicante Spain
- 2010 “Ocaso” selected for ‘Fiber Art’ , Art Museum Fabbrile and delle Coltellerie,
- Internacional Valcellina award, Maniago Italy
- 2009 “Vestiti dàrte Project”, Borgogna Museum and Leone Museum, Vercelli, Italy.
- 2008 “Flower of life” industrial residue Project, Istanbul Turkey
- 2005 Group Vern Collective. Espejo gallery Madrid Spain.
- 2018 Oficial Teacher of Art and fiber in Art Therapy in the Psicology Studies Institute.
- 2017 Oficial teacher of Color and Fundamentals of desing in Valladolid Design School.
- 2009/17 Art, Design, Social inclusion Workshops for several organizations and councils in Madrid, Asturias, Barcelona and Santiago de Chile: Asociación Nómadas, Secretariado Gitano, Art High School in Asturias, Cruz Roja, Fundación Pueblos Unidos, Makea tu vida, Espacio Lola Orato, Sevicio de Juventud de Santa Eulalia de Cabranes, Veneranda Manzano School, Fundación Coanil
- 2016 Teacher in scenography and art direccion workshop, Comunidad de Madrid.
- 2015/16 Museum Prado, Reina Sofía, Archeology guide and art teacher for “Primeros pasos”, Madrid.
- 2013/15 Art teacher and summer camp coordinator in Andolina School, Gijón.